How to Assemble The Electronic Drum Set
With the context of the setting of an electronic drum set for the first time, let’s start with necessary simple steps. In this article, you are going to get an idea of how you can assemble the rack, connect the drums and the pad, and customize the module sound settings. For getting the more information regarding electronic drum set must read the reviews on electronicdrum guy. Here are a few steps for assemble the electronic drums:-
- Collecting the drums
- Setting up the pads
- Connecting the pads to the module
- Customizing the pad setting
Before starting to set up the pads and connect the wired connections with the module, you’ll need to fix the drum rack that can set all the necessary components in place. Once done, you can set up your drum pads, cymbals, and drum module.
1 . Collecting the drums :-
The racks might look a bit difficult to join, but in reality, it is a piece of cake. While different sets have numerous types of rack configuration, but the necessary foundation and setup are more or less the same.
The essential tips for assembling are:
- Don’t overtighten the parts so that they strip
- If there’s any spare part save it in the drum bag or toolbox
- Using a drum rug beneath to reduce slip and absorb vibrations
2 . Setting up the pads :-
Once the system is mounted, the further steps are to set up the pads, the cymbals and the module with the help of rack clamps and arms. It’s an easy process with a few essential steps:
- A drum rack clamp has to be installed on the rack and tightened
- The drum pad has to be placed on the mounting board and tightened
- Once everything is set up, you can keep it and adjust according to your comfort
- The cymbal arm has to be inserted into the clamp and tightened
- Tighten the cymbal pad on the arm with the help of top nut
- The module mounting plate has to be screwed to the back of the drum module if that isn’t built ready
- Similarly, like the drum pads and cymbals tighten it to the drum rack clamp
3 . Connecting the pads to the module :-
Connecting includes two types of cable – TRS or breakout cables. The break out cable is connected either on the top or below the module. Make sure the wires are connected to the respective drum or cymbal pad. The blade is connected to one end, and if it’s a breakout one, the connector needs to be inserted. The other purpose needs to be added to the respective drum pad. Then further connect the headphones to the jacks or speakers as you want it to be.
4 . Customizing the pad setting :-
Once you have successfully connected the cymbal and the drum pads, it’s time to set the pad settings. The default settings are generally high, but. A bit of experimentation can create a perfect rhythm that will soothe and will be playable too.
- Strum each pad to check whether it produces the correct drum sound
- Start playing and find out the desirable volume for the headphones or speakers.
- Tune in to different settings according to your sensitivity, crosstalk, threshold, and rhythm
If you want a louder sound, increase the volume of the pad. So, overall, it is quite easy to set up an electronic drum set. It is hassle-free, easy to use, and provides a great entertainment source for enthusiastic beginners to drumming.